Travel and Tourism Marketing Ltd is delighted to announce it has started working with a new Cornish holiday company; Cornwall Discovered.
The start-up company was founded in March 2020 by two experienced female travel professionals; Zoe Bromley-Fox and Katie Clements with a clear goal in mind, to build a luxury travel company that has sustainability at its heart. Cornwall Discovered provides day experiences, self-guided tours and escorted tours that combine education and culture with beautiful landscapes and lots of fun. The founders have sought out partnerships with local companies and establishments to provide enriching and memorable experiences which invite visitors to get off the beaten track and enjoy a true taste of Cornwall.
Cornwall Discovered offers a range of tours and experiences featuring lesser-known Cornish hidden gems and they are mindful of protecting the areas and destinations that they visit. Encapsulating stunning scenery and exciting experiences they also ask guests to take part in some of their social impact initiatives – from organised beach cleans to wildlife protection programmes. To ensure that their tours keep sustainability and responsible travel at the forefront they operate the following principles:
- Aim to encourage year-round visitation to Cornwall with tours for all seasons.
- All tours and experiences include a green highlight such as a 2-minute beach clean.
- Most meet points for tours are close to a train station so people do not have to drive to the meet point. On tours, if they can walk somewhere, they will.
- No single use plastics throughout the programme.
- Where possible they use, include and support other local businesses, such as gin distillers and vineyards.
- They partner with local historians, guides and experts who enhance the programs and provide enrichment.
- There are many tours to choose from including paddle boarding, kayaking, and walking, whilst discovering the local history and wildlife of the area.
- Small group tours and experiences.
All the experiences and tours designed by Cornwall Discovered draw on the founders’ local knowledge and passion for their home county. They offer a wide range of day experiences but perhaps their most distinct are their individual signature tours, see highlights below. Both tours retail at £128 per person.
Beyond The Bay
“This day experience combines my three favourite things – gardens, ships, and wine! I think the area around St Austell bay has some of the most interesting history within Cornwall, mainly linked to the china clay industry, but it also boasts a lot of hidden gems. Linking three of my favourite spots I will take you slightly off the beaten track and help you discover some little beauties beyond the bay!” Zoe Bromley-Fox, Founder.
- Exploring some hidden highlights of St Austell Bay.
- Visit Pinetum Gardens, a 30-acre estate, known as a garden for all seasons.
- A local lunch in nearby Charlestown, a Georgian harbour-town which featured in Poldark and offers a chance to see tall ships in its protected harbour.
- Short beach clean.
- Visit to the Charlestown Shipwreck Museum.
- Finish the day with a visit to a local Cornish winery.
Along the Estuary
“Cornwall has so many things to offer but getting ‘out and active’ in the invigorating Cornish fresh air, speaks to my soul. Not only will we have a fun-filled day out exploring some of mid-Cornwall’s hidden gems – we will also take the opportunity to learn about local wildlife, smell some beautiful flowers and end our day with a welcomed drink at an award-winning distillery” Katie Clements, Founder.
- An active day exploring the Fowey estuary, which is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Short beach clean.
- Morning of fully guided kayaking on the river from Golant.
- Explore the Fowey estuary which inspired Kenneth Grahame to write Wind in the Willows.
- A local Cornish lunch is included.
- Tour and tea in a secret garden-gem, partnered with the RHS.
- Finish at a local award-winning gin distillery with emphasis on sustainability.
The company have recently launched short, escorted tours such as the Wellness, Wilderness and Wine weekend, running in September, which promises slow yoga and meditation classes set deep in the Cornish countryside, a wild swimming morning, beach clean and escorted slow tours to some hidden gardens and a boutique winery.
For those looking for something more personal, Zoe and Katie offer a bespoke service and are happy to discuss interests, passions and bucket lists in order to tailor make a day experience or tour for couples, family groups and larger groups.
To make enquiries or bookings please contact Cornwall Discovered or call 01726 428038.
For media enquiries, more information, hi-res images or video, please contact:
Kirsty Dillury, PR and Communications Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
David Venables – PR Account Manager: email@example.com